Breaking News

OPay Denounces Viral Claims of Account Wipeouts, Says All Customer Deposits “Safe, Intact and Fully Accessible”

By Passman Akpos

OPay has firmly dismissed widespread social-media rumours alleging that customer accounts were wiped out, deposits lost and operations suspended, describing the claims as “false, malicious, and fabricated misinformation.”

In a statement issued to its users on Friday, the fintech giant said its systems remain stable and fully operational, stressing that no customer funds had been compromised.

According to the company, “All customer accounts and deposits remain safe, intact, and fully accessible. OPay continues to operate normally—financially strong and committed to providing secure, reliable, and innovative payment and financial services to millions across Nigeria.”

OPay emphasised that it remains a fully licensed institution under the regulation of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), with all customer deposits insured by the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC). The company said it adheres strictly to regulatory standards and continues to work closely with oversight authorities to strengthen trust and security across its platforms.

The company urged members of the public to disregard the rumours and rely only on information released through its official verified communication channels.

It also challenged individuals circulating the claims to provide proof, saying anyone with verifiable evidence of unauthorized withdrawals should come forward for proper investigation.

“OPay will pursue appropriate legal action against perpetrators spreading these false rumours and fabricated claims,” the statement warned.

For enquiries, the company advised customers to reach its support team via email at customerservice

opay-inc.com or through its official helplines for consumers (0700 8888 328, 020 18888 328) and merchants (0700 8888 329, 020 18888 329).

OPay reaffirmed its mission of delivering “Beyond Banking” services to Nigerians, reminding customers that it remains licensed by the CBN and insured by the NDIC.

Show More

Tarakiri Voice

Nigeria’s number one news portal. tarakirivoice.com.ng reaches over 70million Nigerians, delivering extensive breaking news and national interest stories. Our readers want to get to the point of the stories that really matter, so we bring this to them with timely news updates around the clock. Tarakiri voice Newspaper is a daily Nigerian online Newspaper, founded by PASSMAN AKPOS in 2020. Is one of the Newspaper that tells the story as it happened without fear or favour. It has no political coloration through it reportage. its bends on affecting human life and the environment positively, having in the background the African concept, portraying her in a good light to the rest of the world. Its determine to investigate news thoroughly as its happened. Is a 21st century news media that tells that African story in a green light

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Verified by MonsterInsights